Francisco Javier Morales
• MA in Economics, University of Kent at Canterbury, UK (1980)
• Diploma in Dynamic Econometric Models, ITAM, Mexico (2003)
• BA in Economics, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico (1979)
• Professional Experience:
• BBVA Research Mexico since 1999
• Deloitte Consulting (Information Center)
• McKinsey & Co. (Information Center)
The combination of weak economic activity and high short-term interest rates maintain low growth over demand deposits, the main component of traditional deposits.
June 10, 2019
Mexico | In April the credit had double digit figures maintaining the growth of the 1Q19
In April 2019, the nominal annual growth rate of the balance of the current loan portfolio granted by commercial banks to the non-financial private sector was 10.3% (5.6% real). This growth rate was lower than that of the previous month (11.1%) and was also lower than the rate of the same month of 2018 (11.5%).
The CNBV publishes a new financial education indicator. The dynamism in private sector credit in 1Q19 reflects moderation in economic activity. Trade Tensions between the USA and China Increase Risks for Global Growth.