Francisco Javier Morales
• MA in Economics, University of Kent at Canterbury, UK (1980)
• Diploma in Dynamic Econometric Models, ITAM, Mexico (2003)
• BA in Economics, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico (1979)
• Professional Experience:
• BBVA Research Mexico since 1999
• Deloitte Consulting (Information Center)
• McKinsey & Co. (Information Center)
In August 2019, the nominal annual growth rate of the balance of the current credit portfolio granted by commercial banks to the non-financial private sector was 8.9% (5.5% real). This growth was slightly higher than the previous month (8.6%) but less than the growth registered in August 2018 (11.9%).
Mexico’s Banking and Securities Commission (CNBV), publishes its financial access report. New Digital Collection Scheme (CoDi) comes into operation. 1H19 saw the national producer price index in the construction sector grow by 3.1%. Expectations of lower commercial tensions support risk assets.
September 13, 2019
The Mexican financial system has shown an orderly adjustment to a complicated environment
Through the “Financial Stability Report” (REF), Banco de México (Banxico) monitors the main risks and vulnerabilities that could affect the stability of the Mexican financial system.