- ESAs consult on PRIIPs with environmental or social objectives (EOS PRIIPs)
It aims at setting the minimum governance requirements that the manufacturers have to comply with to guarantee that trustworthy products are sold. Deadline: 23 Mar.
It seeks to define when payment service providers and electronic money issuers should designate a CCP to support the fight against financial crime. Deadline: 5 May.
- EBA consults on guidelines on procedures to complaint for PSD2’s infringements
The guidelines set the procedures to be followed by competent authorities to guarantee and monitor the effective compliance by payment service providers. Deadline: 16 May.
- EBA issues opinion regarding EC’s proposed amendments to RTS on IFR
It expresses dissent over some amendment proposed regarding the separation of payment card scheme and processing entities under the Interchange Fee Regulation (IFR).
- EBA updates list of institutions with reporting obligation
Institutions involved in the 2017 supervisory benchmarking exercise are required to send data (from 2016) following the regular supervisory reporting. Deadline: 11 Apr.
- ECB publishes decision regarding performance feedback to National Competent Authority
It lays down the principles by which Joint Supervisory Team’s coordinators will provide feedback on their team’s performance to the corresponding NCA’s sub-coordinator.
- EIOPA publishes decision on supervisory cooperation in cross-border activities
Considers that increased cross-border activities requires cooperation between NCAs via information and data sharing on authorisations, recovery plans and complaints-handling.
- FCA issues discussion and consultation papers on primary capital market’s effectiveness
It seeks comments on how to improve primary capital markets to satisfy the need of issuers and investors from a broad perspective and on listing rules. Deadline: 14 May.
- PRA consults on changes to its rules and existing supervisory statements
It seeks feedback on proposed changes to Administration instruments and other issues (e.g. credit risk mitigation guarantees, or regulatory references). Deadlines: 2 Mar and 16 May.
- PRA publishes updated supervisory statements and new templates
Updates regulatory reporting of internal models, the ultimate time horizon and templates used by Solvency II firms.
- FED revises macroeconomic scenarios for its 2017 stress testing program
The previously released scenarios contained incorrect historical values for the BBB corporate yield in 2016. The revision makes both adverse scenarios less severe.
Recent publications of interest (in English and Spanish):
- Flash. Global | 2016 G-SIBs List. November 2016
- Regulation Watch. New package of banking reforms. November 2016
- Regulation Watch. Europe: TLAC implementation and MREL review. November 2016
- Financial Regulation Outlook. January 2017
- Digital Economy Outlook. January 2017