Navigation, access and security
In BBVA we are very aware of the need to safeguard the flow of information.. For this reason, BBVA employs highly secure procedures to guarantee the confidentiality of communications between the bank and its clients.
The trading services use a secure server that utilises a SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol, which activates whenever these services are being used. The secure server establishes a connection where the information is transmitted in an encrypted form using 128 bit algorithms, which ensure that it is only intelligible to the client’s computer and the bank’s servers. The SSL protocol guarantees:
- That the client is sending data to BBVA’s server centre, and not to a fraudulent one which is trying to pass itself off as BBVA’s server.
- That between the client and the BBVA server centre data is always sent in encrypted form, thereby preventing third parties from reading or manipulating it.
You should always make sure that you are entering your personal details on a secure page.
Don’t forget to follow the following security rules whenever your personal details are requested over the internet:
1. Verify that the connection is being made through a secure server, by checking the following items:
- The address of the server (URL), since secure server URLs always start with https. Normal servers begin with only http.
- The icon on your browser located in one of the lower corners of your screen. If your server is secure, an entire key (instead of a broken one, which indicates a non-secure server) or a closed padlock (instead of an open padlock, for non-secure servers) should appear.
2. Verify the security certificates of the page:
- Click on the padlock that appears when you access a secure zone, in the lower right hand side of your browser, and verify that the expiry date and the domain name of the certificate are still current. In the detailed information, the issuer’s name should appear, as well as the validity period, and to whom the certificate was issued.
For these measures to be effective, the client’s navigator must be one of the following:
Netscape 3.0 or higher.
Netscape 3.0 or higher.
Please remember that BBVA will never send you an email requesting your personal/security details. If you receive a message to this effect, do not provide any information and immediately contact BBVA by telephone at: 901 11 44 77.