- FSB publishes policy recommendations for asset management activities
Sets out 14 recommendations to address structural vulnerabilities such as liquidity mismatch, leverage or operational risk, that could potentially present financial stability risks.
- ESRB publishes report on cyclicality of capital requirements
Clarifies whether risk-sensitive bank capital requirements, as laid down in the CRR and CRD, create unintended pro-cyclical effects. It recommends to maintain the current framework.
- EBA publishes opinion on the equivalence of supervisory and regulatory requirements
Domestic laws and prudential regulations in Turkey and New Zealand can be regarded as equivalent to those applied in the European Union.
- EBA publishes updated risk dashboard for Q3 2016
Periodical update: EU banks’ CET1 reached new highs, increasing by 50 bps, NPLs were 10 bps below Q2. RoE decreased to 5.4%.
- ESMA publishes methodology regarding CCPs’ authorization and supervision
The methodology presents, among others things, information on the legal basis and scope for the mandatory peer review regarding CCPs’ authorization and supervision under EMIR.
- ESMA publishes report on the supervision of MiFID best execution requirements
Finds that national regulators are giving greater attention to best execution requirements under the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID).
- ESMA issues opinion regarding the application of MiFIR product intervention powers
It calls for consistent application of product intervention powers under MiFIR. These powers can be exercised by both national competent authorities and ESMA from Jan 2018.
- ESMA publishes extract from enforcement decisions regarding financial statements
The objective is to provide information on the appropriate application of IFRS to financial statement users. It includes 14 decisions taken from ESMA’s confidential database.
- EIOPA publishes monthly technical information for Solvency II
Information on the relevant risk free interest rate term structures for the month of December.
- OJEU publishes ECB’s recommendations on dividend policy
It clarifies requirements to satisfy (Pillar 1, Pillar 2 required and other buffers), as well as determining different categories depending on their level of compliance.
Recent publications of interest (in English and Spanish):
- Flash. Global | 2016 G-SIBs List. November 2016
- Regulation Watch. New package of banking reforms. November 2016
- Regulation Watch. Europe: TLAC implementation and MREL review. November 2016
- Financial Regulation Outlook. January 2017
- Digital Economy Outlook. October 2016