- ESMA and EBA publish joint report on the functioning of CRR with EMIR
The report calls for clarification of requirements for credit risk, market risk and counterparty credit risk in the CRR to avoid duplication of requirements for derivative transactions.
- EBA publishes updated XBRL taxonomy for supervisory reporting
To be used by competent authorities in the submission of supervisory reports on funding plans and benchmarking.
- EBA issues report on the equivalence of confidentiality regimes
It assesses professional secrecy and confidentiality regimes of third countries with respect to the CRD. The results are used to issue a new set of recommendations.
- ESMA publishes briefing on transaction reporting requirements under MiFID II
It clarifies four important issues: instrument reference data, transparency, double volume cap and transaction reporting. ESMA will start data collection before 3 Jan 2018.
- ESMA publishes translated MAR guidelines on commodity derivatives
The translated guidelines under the Market Abuse Regulation clarify the definition of inside information. National authorities have 2 months to confirm whether they intend to comply.
- OJEU publishes delegated regulation on Regulatory Technical Standards
RTS specifying conditions for data waiver permissions under CRR for: probability of default, loss given default and own conversion factor estimates.
- PRA publishes Policy Statement and Supervisory Statement on deposit protection
- PRA and FCA joint consultation on Financial Service Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
Seek comments on the Management Expenses Levy Limit (i.e. the maximum amount the FSCS can levy in 2017/18 without consultation). Deadline: 13 Feb.
- Federal agencies extend comment period on enhanced cyber risk management standards
Fed, OCC and FDIC seek comments on proposed rulemaking for enhanced cyber risk management standards for large and interconnected entities. New deadline: 17 Feb.
Recent publications of interest (in English and Spanish):
- Flash. Global | 2016 G-SIBs List. November 2016
- Regulation Watch. New package of banking reforms. November 2016
- Regulation Watch. Europe: TLAC implementation and MREL review. November 2016
- Financial Regulation Outlook. January 2017
- Digital Economy Outlook. October 2016