- IOSCO issues report on secondary corporate bond market liquidity
The report finds no evidence that liquidity in secondary corporate bond markets between 2004 and 2015 has deteriorated markedly in comparison to non-crisis periods.
- ESMA issues implementing rules for package orders under MiFID II
Publishes final report on draft RTS establishing a methodology for pre-trade transparency requirements applied to package orders under MiFIR.
- EBA publishes RTS on disclosure of encumbered and unencumbered assets
It seeks to allow the market to assess information in a consistent way by presenting harmonised definitions and formats to disclose asset encumbrance.
- EBA publishes reports on internal models outcomes
Two reports on consistency of Risk Weighted Assets and main drivers of variability. Includes all EU institutions authorised to use internal models approaches.
- EBA issues opinion on transitional arrangements and credit risk adjustments due to IFRS 9
It is against the idea of allowing neutralisation of the initial impact of IFRS 9 during the phase-in regime, supporting a static approach for amortisation of the one-off impact over 4 years.
- EBA publishes final guidelines on LCR disclosure
The guidelines on liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) provide harmonised disclosure templates and tables. The objective is to improve transparency and comparability of LCR.
- EBA issues opinion on decision-making framework for supervisory reporting requirements
In order to enhance the efficiency of the framework, proposes that reporting requirements be adopted through its own decisions rather than via Commission’s ITS.
- EIOPA publishes technical information on symmetric adjustment for equity capital charge
This update is based on the behaviour of an equity index developed by EIOPA. Includes information up to the end of Feb 2017.
- EIOPA publishes update of its risk-free interest rate (RFR) term structures
Technical information related to RFR is published monthly to ensure consistent calculation of technical provisions for insurance and reinsurance obligations in Europe.
- CNMV publishes objectives for the 2017 work plan
It seeks to become more efficient and agile, improving supervision. Additionally, it aims at enhancing market transparency, as well as the education and protection of retail investors.
- FCA consults on the Insurance Distribution Directive
It seeks comments on professional and organisational requirements, complaints handling, and professional indemnity insurance among other issues. Deadline: 5 Jun.
- FCA sets final deadline for PPI complaints
It confirms the introduction of a deadline for making new Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) complaints. Deadline: 29 Aug 2019.
Recent publications of interest (in English and Spanish):
- Press Article. Shadow banking: time to step out into the light. March 2017
- Regulation Watch. White Paper on the future of Europe. March 2017
- Regulation Watch. New package of banking reforms. November 2016
- Financial Regulation Outlook. January 2017
- Digital Economy Outlook. January 2017