- BIS announces delay in the finalisation of Basel III framework
More time is needed to complete the work, including the final calibration of the measures. The Committee will keep working on the reforms with a view to completing them in the near future.
- ECB on Correspondent Central Banking Model (CCBM)
- Commission welcomes entry into force of new transparency rules for tax rulings
Aimed at ensuring fair corporate taxation, Member States are obliged by new transparency rule to automatically exchange information on all new cross-border tax rulings that they issue.
- CNMV communication on ESMA’s guidelines on remunerations
CNMV confirms compliance with ESMA’s guidelines on appropriate remuneration policies of fund managers in accordance with UCITS and AIFM Directives. Entry into force: 1 Jan 2017.
- Federal banking agencies release annual Community Reinvestment Act asset-size threshold
FRB, FDIC and OCC adjusted their “small bank” or “small savings association” definition to institutions with assets of less than USD 1.226 billion. These institutions are not subject to the reporting requirements applicable to large banks and savings associations.
Recent publications of interest (in English and Spanish):
- Flash. Global | 2016 G-SIBs List. November 2016
- Regulation Watch. New package of banking reforms. November 2016
- Regulation Watch. Europe: TLAC implementation and MREL review. November 2016
- Financial Regulation Outlook. October 2016
- Digital Economy Outlook. October 2016